Your PFLAG Newport Beach chapter is launching a first-ever scholarship for graduating LGBTQIA high school seniors who are continuing to higher education. Students must be Orange County Residents to apply. You can download complete details and the application at the bottom of this page.
Up to four scholarships are available to be awarded in the amount of $500 each. Download and complete the application—and submit by the May 15th, 2021 deadline.
PFLAG Newport Beach 2021 Scholarships have been made possible thanks to generous donations from Braunwyn Windham-Burke and Carrie Freitas.
We've included links to additional LGBTQIA scholarship opportunities with the application— download now (PDF)
SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
• 2.0 GPA, or higher.
• Must be a resident (or a parent must be a resident) of Orange County at the time of the
• Must identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, or straight ally (LGBTQIA).
• Must be a high school senior continuing to higher education.
For this first year of offering scholarship money, PFLAG Newport Beach will award scholarships in the
amount of $500 each to up to four (4) individual applicants. This number may increase in future years.
TERMS AND IMPORTANT DATES
• Awards will be paid directly to the student.
• The scholarship application will be made available on March 1, 2021.
• Application/essay and supporting documents must be received by PFLAG Newport Beach via email by May 15, 2021.
• Decisions will be announced by June 1, 2021. Recipients will be notified by email.
• Scholarship recipients are invited to attend the Thursday, June 17, 2021, PFLAG Newport Beach
meeting to accept their awards personally. Attendance at award ceremony is not mandatory to
receive the award.